Image Map

6/11/13

A Helping Handana: Product Review

My sister-in-law runs naked. Okay, well not like, NAKED naked, but she doesn't load herself down with an iPod, a Camelbak, a watch, a fuel belt, a heart rate monitor or even a water bottle. I, on the other hand, am a running billboard for various athletic accoutrement. From the Nike watch that I use to obsessively check my pace to the RoadID on my wrist in case I get hit by a truck and the Sweaty Band in my hair to get keep me looking semi-stylish, my runs require a lot of gear. God help me, I've just added another piece. The Handana.


What is a Handana you ask? It is a great alternative to the inside of your t-shirt to wipe the sweat, salt, spit and anything else gross from your face while running. The Handana is made of a stretchy cotton-like material that is also breathable and somehow doesn't stink after a couple of uses. It comes in Five sizes from XS-XL and more than 10 colors that include either white or black edging.


According to the size chart, my hand is a Large. When I placed my order, I choose a large and medium because my knuckles are wide but my wrist is small. The medium was definitely a better fit. Luckily, Handana offers a 30 day return policy so I was able to easily exchange the large.

I've run with the Handana  three or four times and have been very pleased. Using my hand to wipe my face and the back of my neck makes a lot more sense than using my already sweaty shirt. My biggest concern was that the Handana would make my hand hot and sweaty but that wasn't the case. The breathable material and the fact that the wrap is a little loose kept my hand comfortable. This is all great news, as this summer is predicted to be hotter than usual.

While I am super impressed and and a little jealous of runners like my sister-in-law who can run "naked", I think the Handana is one more piece of gear that I won't be able to run without.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
>